01. Connecting and Configuring a Socket endpoint
In this action you will learn to connect and configure a socket endpoint
To test out this actions we'll use the SocketIO official Demo
- To test your Socket.io connection, connect to the socket end-point in Firecamp.
- To achieve this connection, enter the
URLbar at the top of the window. For this example, write this URL
https://socketio-chat-h9jt.herokuapp.com/in the URL section.
- Configure the end-point by clicking on the
Configicon on the left of the
- Enter the
Pathand set the
Headerkeys to configure the end-point.
- After configuration, hit the
connectbutton to connect with server.
To Disconnect from server, click on the
Connectbutton again. Firecamp client will disconnect from the server.
Awesome! Now you can head to the next step that is setting up Event Listeners and Event Emitters for your connection.